Sunday, June 5, 2016

Infomercials

I am going to have to take a moment to break up the monotony of this heavy hearted blog to let a little sunshine in. The events described below are the reason that every day, no matter what I face, and even at my saddest and lowest point of my life, I still love and rejoice in every second of it.

This blog is dedicated to my 10 year old and her love for infomercials.

It started with the handy dandy Chop Wizard. Since August, my children have regressed a bit and have been sleeping with me. My 10 year old sleeps beside me or at the foot of the bed on a air mattress. The 14 year old typically is in the bed with me. In fact, that is one thing that makes me so livid about incident last Tuesday, I had just gotten my 14 year old to begin sleeping in her bed again, but I digress. The Chop Wizard. My 10 year old was awake one night until almost 3 am when she ran across the infomercial for the chop wizard.

 
As you can see, the Chop Wizard is nothing more than a very expensive vegetable chopper, and somehow in amongst all of the craziness, and after days upon days of begging, and doing extra chores, the Chop Wizard was ordered for the child. She uses it to chop hotdogs, and that in and of itself makes me smile. I'm not sure it has been used for vegetables even once, so The Chop Wizard is now an expensive hotdog cutter.
 
Then came the Bissell Revolution. If you could understand my love for steam cleaning and having fresh carpets all the time, then you could understand where my child gets it. First, we have a rental home that needed new carpet when we moved in. Second, we have dogs that like to go to the same place that the previous owners animals went. So I have to steam clean pretty constantly. She ran across the Bissell Revolution infomercial one night, and then stayed up and recorded it the next night, and subsequently made me watch the entire thing, I have to appreciate the hard work and dedication to trying to sell me on the Bissell Revolution.
Being a single mom definitely had it's perks here because I got to explain to her that I can not in any way shape or form afford the 4 easy payments of $49.95, nor the one time payment of $199.80. You have to love her heart for telling me that it would make my job and life as a working mom so much easier because it was the ultimate steam cleaner and could do so much more than our regular Bissell ProHeat Pet. :)
 
Then we can't forget that she's been earning money with our new chore chart, saved it up and went to Wal-Mart and bought a Snackeez. Most kids need a Snackeez, of course. She had hers for a total of two days and the next door neighbor dropped it on the sidewalk, and the Snackeez was no more. But for the two days that she did have it, the Snackeez was her very best friend. Hers was pink camo, because she has never been a girly girl.
Next came The Copper Chef. Another recorded infomercial, and I was told to watch the entire thing. This pan could literally replace every single pan in our kitchen. If I would only just purchase it, it would make her life (and my life as a working mom) sooo much easier. She is still vying for me to purchase The Copper Chef every time we get in the kitchen and work together. Again, for a mere 3 payments of $24.99, you too can own this little nugget of culinary goodness. I am still having to explain how I can't buy the Copper Chef either, even if we were to sell every pan in our kitchen.
 
The list goes on and on. It truly is the cutest thing I have ever witnessed. She tries so hard to sell me on each and every item and records the infomercial (because I would never take her word for it). It really is the simple things in life that I love and cherish the most, and my 10 year old and her love for infomercials and Joyce Meyer are one of those simple things.
(Also, she is the one who just taught me to use the snipping tool to be able to add pictures to my blog, she's too smart for her own good)
Now, go get yourself a Copper Chef!